(download some of these papers from ResearchGate HERE)
- R. Siew, "Fluorescence Microscopy with Flat Field Illumination using LEDs and Off-The-Shelf Spherical Lenses," Inopticalsolutions White Paper, July 28, 2021 (OPEN-ACCESS ARTICLE)
- R. Siew, "Wavefront Coding and 'in-situ' Deconvolution with a Canonical Optical Processor," Inopticalsolutions Technical Discussion, June 20, 2021 (OPEN-ACCESS ARTICLE)
- R. Siew, "Relative Illumination and Image Distortion Part 2: how to "sense" the entrance pupil," Inopticalsolutions Technical Note, Dec 25, 2020 (OPEN-ACCESS ARTICLE)
- R. Siew, "Uniform Top Hat Illumination for Extended Sources Using Only Spherical Lenses," Inopticalsolutions White Paper, Nov 14, 2020 (OPEN-ACCESS ARTICLE)
- R. Siew, "How to use spherical optics to create uniform top hat illumination," Zemax Envision 2020 (October 7, 2020); Click HERE for a citable version.
- R. Siew, "Uniform illumination using spherical lenses," (open-access rejected manuscript, first submitted on Jul 13, 2020; rejected on Sep 27, 2020; posted on Figshare on Oct 1, 2020); Click HERE to read open comments on this paper from other professionals on Linkedin!
- R. Siew, "Variable focus machine vision lens without moving parts: freeform progressive eyeglasses for non-humans," in Imaging and Applied Optics Congress, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2020), paper ITh4E.4
- R. Siew, Monte Carlo Simulation and Analysis in Modern Optical Tolerancing, (SPIE Press, Bellingham, Washington, 2019)
- R. Siew, "Breaking Down The 'Cosine Fourth Power Law'", Photonics Online (OPEN ACCESS ARTICLE, March 17, 2019)
- R. Siew, "Relative illumination and image distortion," Opt. Eng. 56(4), 049701 (Mar 31, 2017)
- R. Siew, "Distinction between image magnification and irradiance magnification: a commentary," Opt. Eng. 56(2), 029701 (Feb 14, 2017)
- R. Siew, "Practical automated glass selection and the design of apochromats with large field of view," App. Opt. 55, pp. 9232 - 9236 (2016)
- R. Siew, "Axial nonimaging characteristics of imaging lenses: discussion," J. Opt. Soc. Am. A 33, pp. 970 - 977 (2016)
- OPEN ACCESS TECHNICAL NOTE: Variable focus machine vision lens without moving parts: freeform progressive eyeglasses for non-humans (slides prepared for the OSA Imaging & Applied Optics Congress, online, June 25th, 2020, 3:30 pm - 3:45 pm Pacific Daylight Time, session title: Imaging and Display Optics I)
- OPEN ACCESS TECHNICAL NOTE: Progressive lens approach to variable focus without moving parts in electronic imaging systems
- OPEN ACCESS TECHNICAL NOTE: Do "intrinsic" negative variance components exist for population variances of stochastic physical parameters?
- OPEN ACCESS TECHNICAL NOTE: Intrinsic negative variance components: errata
- OPEN ACCESS TECHNICAL NOTE: Intrinsic negative variance components: case of non-normal functions of random variables
Selected Past Publications
- R. Siew, "Analysis of biocular images using 3D glasses and Zemax: A plausible approach," Zemax Knowledge Base, August (2012), (OPEN ACCESS)
- R. Siew, "Corrections to classical radiometry and the brightness of stars," Eur. J. Phys. 29, pp. 1105 - 1114 (2008)
- R. Siew, "f/no. and the radiometry of image forming optical systems with non-circular aperture stops," in Optical Modeling and Performance Predictions II, ed. Mark A. Kahan, Proc. SPIE 5867 (2005)
- R. Siew, "Partial coherent imaging using the Grating Light Valve," in Optical Scanning 2002, eds. Stephen F. Sagan; Gerald F. Marshall; Leo Beiser, Proc. SPIE 4773 (2002)